Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My ROM 26th Oct 2008

My BIG day is finally over. Sorry for not posting lately. Been busy THINKING of what’s missing in my to-do list. J

Everything turned out smoothly on Sunday. DH came my place, had ai xin bee hoon then we (include my 2nd sis) head down to Amara Singapore. Reached there at 9am and check in hotel room. MUA arrive liao with PG shortly after my bath. Angeline really did a great job with my makeup and hairdo. Had a small scale ROM with our immediate families and some mutual close friends. Total of 31pax inclusive of my PG, Ernest. Friends starting coming at 11.30am. Our solemnizer Mr Chia Ti Yu went through a short rehearsal with us and our ceremony commerce at 12noon sharp. Mr Chia began with the standard ROM procedures, we replied the stand I DO and I WILL. After which we exchanged our personal vows and Mr Chia gave a meaningful sharing on marriage in Mandarin. I guess both our parents enjoyed the sharing session shared by him. Guess the most shocking moment was when Mr Chia gave both of us a surprise task, ask each of us to say I LOVE YOU and audiences must clap to acknowledge their consent to our marriage. Of cos, everything ended with a nice kiss on the lips, something which we never rehearse before and I’m glad we never ended up giggling. Hahaha…

Had photography session followed by buffet lunch. Thanks to Ernest for taking time off from his precious weekend to help us take ROM photos. I’m eagerly waiting to view the photos this weekend. So I’ll only show some sneak previews from my own camera. Pardon the ultra zi lian me cos most photos are my cheeky shots. Haha..

Our customised vows:

From DH to me
“Lydia, I promise to love and care for you and I will try in every ways to be worthy of your love. I eagerly anticipate the chance to grow together, getting to know the woman you will become, and falling in love a little more everyday. I shall give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live.
Let this ring be a symbol of my promises to you and a reminder of my devotion to you. I am honoured to call you my wife.”

From me to DH
“Johnny, I take you to be my husband, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad times. This will be my commitment for life, made in love and kept in faith.
Let this ring be a symbol of my promises to you and a reminder of my devotion to you. I am honoured to call you my husband.”

Some photos to share here..will upload more when I get them from my PG.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Wei Sian said...

Congrats! Lovely couple :D

~Sasha Farina~ said...

Congrats Lydia! you look so beautiful!

Creative B Bee said...

Sometimes I'm not come 'here'. Miss out lot of yr blog....belated Congrats to you. You look so beautiful!!
Happy New Year!!